The installed Layer8Insight components are controlled via configuration file (config.ini) found in the x86 installation folder,
- For 32-bit systems: C:\Program Files\OctoInsight\Layer8Insight\config.ini
- For 64-bit systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\OctoInsight\Layer8Insight\config.ini
This file can be updated by a user with Administrative privileges (by default). One can update the settings in this file while the Layer8Insight agents are running; however, one must restart the Layer8Insight components for the changes to take affect.
The summarized process for updating the configuration file after Layer8Insight is installed and running is as follows:
- Edit and save the config.ini file as Administrator
- Restart the Layer8Insight Data Forwarder service
The detailed version of the process is as follows:
- Open command prompt with Administrator rights (hit the Windows Key, type cmd, use shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Enter, type your password, hit Enter)
- In Command Prompt, open the Layer8Insight config file with the following command "notepad.exe "C:\<32-bit_PROGRAM_FILES>\OctoInsight\Layer8Insight\config.ini"
- Edit the configuration file in Notepad, save the changes, and close Notepad
- In Command Prompt, stop the dcacSvc with the command: net stop dcacSvc
- In Command Prompt, start the dcacSvc with the command: net start dcacSvc
- Close Command Prompt
The detailed guide on the available options in the Layer8Insight configuration file can be found here.