The installed Layer8Insight components look for the Layer8Insight license file (license.ini) in the x86 installation folder,
- For 32-bit systems: C:\Program Files\OctoInsight\Layer8Insight\license.ini
- For 64-bit systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\OctoInsight\Layer8Insight\license.ini
This file can be updated by a user with Administrative privileges (by default). One can update this file while the Layer8Insight agents are running; however, one must restart the Layer8Insight components for the changes to take affect.
The summarized process for updating the Layer8Insight license after Layer8Insight is installed and running is as follows:
- As Administrator, copy the new license file over the existing one
- Restart the Layer8Insight Data Forwarder service
The detailed version of the process is as follows:
- As Administrator, copy the new license.ini file over the current file found at "C:\<32-bit_PROGRAM_FILES>\OctoInsight\Layer8Insight\license.ini"
- Open command prompt with Administrator rights (hit the Windows Key, type cmd, use shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Enter, type your password, hit Enter)
- In Command Prompt, stop the dcacSvc with the command: net stop dcacSvc
- In Command Prompt, start the dcacSvc with the command: net start dcacSvc
- Close Command Prompt