The Layer8Insight App for Splunk has been updated to version 1.0.2 and is posted on Splunkbase. No new dashboards were added, but there were significant changes made to a few. The biggest change is a total redesign of the User Activity Summary dashboard, including a whole new top-level aggregate section and drilldowns. Also, this release includes small changes to remove deprecated features from versions pre-6.3. The only noticeable change will appear on Single Value panels if you are running Splunk 6.2.
The Layer8Insight Indexer App for Splunk was updated to version 1.1.1 with only changes to documentation and comments. The props.conf file includes a section that shows how to dynamically remove underused fields and thereby decreasing the indexing volume.
If the Layer8Insight Apps for Splunk are already installed in your environment, neither of these updates should require additional steps or changes before or after installation.
Layer8Insight App for Splunk, version 1.0.2
- Dashboard Changes:
- Redesign of User Activity Summary report dashboard
- Updated Dashboard Target search boxes on all dashboards
- Improved performance of the Perfmon and Windows Event log drilldown dashboard
- Fixed bug on User Activity Summary dashboard where dates in the bottom table were off by one day in some cases of calculating time spans
- Added searchbnf.conf file to document the custom 'mvsum' SPL command
- Added adjustment to keep default footer but remove links
- Removed deprecated Single value modifiers and updated Single value panels to follow 6.3 and 6.4 conventions (colors will not be visible in 6.2 installs)
- Removed deprecated "px" from "height" option in charts to follow 6.3 and 6.4 conventions
Layer8Insight Indexer App for Splunk, version 1.1.1
- Added more documentation/comments
- Added commented out commands in props.conf that show how to remove some underused fields and reduce indexing